Benefits of our Jamaican Business Directory
Why You Need to List Your Company with a Business Directory?
Remember the days when you looked in the yellow pages for businesses or services you needed? For many people, those days are still here. Advertising your company in the yellow pages or in other local business directories is good for business. However, there has been a shift taking place in recent years to business directories that are based online. If your company is not listed on one or more of these business directories, you could be losing valuable customers and dooming your business to obscurity.
- It provides exposure. This means more customers. People will not buy your products or use your services if they don't know who you are. It's that simple. Your pushjm directory listing will contain important business information that customers are interested in.
- There is intense competition for most goods and services, and making a profit can be challenging. Being listed in the pushjm directory is a good way to get your name out there. People overwhelmingly use search engines and business directories for help in selecting products. Yours needs to be listed in order for you to have a chance for success.
- The cost of running a business is high; advertising costs are high. Listing with an online business directory is a good, inexpensive way to gain exposure for your company. Often the cost is less than that of advertising in the traditional paper yellow pages.
- With traditional paper business directories, once they are printed, corrections, changes, and additions cannot be made until the new edition is released. With online business directories, you can make these important changes any time you need to.
There are also benefits to listing your company in a business directory that have to do with the medium itself, the internet.
These are benefits that no paper business directory, no matter how effective or used, can offer.
- The internet is ubiquitous - people can access it at home, at school, wirelessly, and on their phones. The chances of having internet access when you need to look up business listings are greater than having a phone book around; this is why internet business directories can be so effective.
- People use the internet for local searches in increasing numbers. Making local business directories a great place to advertise your company.
- You will be able to get optimization services. This means that your listing will be enhanced to contain specific keywords that draw better search engine rankings.
- Better search rankings draw more customers to your site. This also benefits your company by generating ad revenue for you.
- Good search engine rankings ensure your company will have increased visibility and traffic. Rank is determined by the number of inbound links to a site. An online business directory lets business owners get these links. The more business directories your business is submitted to, the more inbound links it has. This increases page rankings.
- If you list on a business directory, your site will get picked up by search engines more often.
Is a paper business directory, such as the traditional Yellow Pages, good enough for your business?
Here are some reasons why they may not be:
- Traditional business directories have pages and pages of ads (especially for topics like restaurants and attorneys). People get tired of flipping through endless pages looking for something to stand out. Internet business directories allow users to access the information they need more quickly.
- Traditional business directories also have to charge for printing and distribution costs. This is unnecessary online, meaning less cost to you. Online directories are also more flexible.
- People can now search local online business directories, so your business will be noticed, even if it is regional and small.
Listing your company's goods or services on an online business directory is a sound move.
It provides numerous benefits for a reasonable cost. Once you've made the decision to join one or more business directories, there are a few things you should do to make sure it is working for you.
- Take between 20 - 50% of your paper business directory budget and apply it to online advertising. The use of internet searches is only going to rise, while the paper business directories will continue to decline.
- Your business doesn't need its own website. You can use the directory listing as a site. This, however, won't generate the most traffic for you. Make sure you have a good website for customers to visit. Offer information about your business and your products or services.
The business world is fiercely competitive. Don't let the company you've worked so hard to build be left behind. Business directories benefit small, local companies as well as large, international companies. The important thing is that you get your name out there so customers know they can turn to your business. Online business directories are an inexpensive, effective way to maintain your business's standing.